- November 6, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This retreat day is only available in-person at the Wittel Farm in Elizabethtown.
All attendees will be asked to wear masks when indoors and around others. PRC will continue to adapt to changing local conditions and an update/reminder will be sent to all attendees the week before the workshop.
We have been busy reawakening from COVID – traveling, seeing family and friends, and getting busier and busier – like farmers bustling through a non-stop harvest season. But now we slow down in our anticipation of winter – a time to settle into the long nights of darkness and silent snowy landscapes. This silent retreat day is an invitation to take a long pause amidst the harvested, fallow fields of Wittel Farm in Elizabethtown as we turn our focus inward to prepare ourselves for winter once again.
The day will be arranged to allow you space and quiet for rest and contemplation. You will have an opportunity to:
- participate in multiple guided reflections
- cultivate your own contemplative practices (attendees are encouraged to bring a journal, sketchbook, knitting supplies, etc.)
- walk an outdoor labyrinth
- enjoy a campfire
- participate in a simple meal, shared in silence to sharpen your attention to the food
- walk the property at Wittel Farm observing their fields post-harvest
- breaking the silence with the group through reflection and Gathering the Graces
Amy Shutt, MBA, is a long-time spiritual companion and retreat leader. She describes herself as rooted in Christian contemplative practices, with her own faith being enlarged by the wisdom and truth of other faith traditions. Amy is a Kairos SDT alum, former Kairos board member, and a faculty member for the 2022-2023 cohort. She has an MBA from Drexel and a Bachelor’s in Architectural Engineering. Amy is employed as a Senior Mechanical Engineer, managing HVAC system design and construction in the pharmaceutical sector. She especially enjoys mentoring the next generation of engineers. Amy is a ruling elder in the Presbyterian Church, USA and has routinely offered silent and day retreats at her church, First Presbyterian in Pottstown.
Venue: The Wittel Farm