- January 25, 2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Limit of 25 registrants.
There will be a 1 hour break for lunch. Bring your own lunch (fridge and microwave available) or make a quick trip to a nearby restaurant.
The Enneagram is an ancient system that can help us understand human behavior. Used by spiritual guides for over 2000 years, this system describes nine personality styles with many variations. Although it is first and foremost a journey of self-discovery, this model of the Enneagram can also increase understanding and harmony in our relationships, offering a path for personal and spiritual growth.
As a result of participating in this day-long workshop, you will:
– recognize the complexity of being human;
– possess a greater understanding of yourself, your strengths and vulnerabilities, your fears and defenses;
– gain insight for deepening your spiritual life and discovering implications for prayer;
– find ways to bring humor and self-compassion into daily struggles; and
– receive tools and encouragement for growing toward your best self.
It is recommended (although not required) that participants read one of the two following books
ahead of time:
- The Enneagram Made Easy by Elizabeth Wagele and Renee Baron
- The Essential Enneagram by David Daniels and Virginia Price.
Ellen Kanagy has a Master’s Degree in Social Work, and is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker practicing psychotherapy and spiritual direction with adults at Samaritan Counseling Center. She has over 25 years of professional experience and has worked with and learned from the Enneagram for over 30 years. She has found the Enneagram to be a very helpful tool for her own personal, spiritual, and relational growth and is passionate about sharing this tool’s resources with others.
Rhonda Myers has a Master’s Degree in Counseling, is a Licensed Professional Counselor, and has provided therapy in university, hospital, and outpatient settings. Currently she works in private practice, specializing in relationship counseling. She has completed trainings through the Enneagram Institute, and finds the Enneagram to be a dynamic tool to facilitate personal growth and promote understanding of others.
Becoming Your Best Self: An Introduction to the Enneagram is a good introduction or refresher course on the Enneagram. Or maybe this workshop intrigued you enough to dig deeper in the Enneagram. Check out Suzanne Stabile’s The Path Between Us Conference coming in March.
Venue: Parish Resource Center